Thursday, May 15, 2008

Vietnam Saigon

These are some pictures I took in Vietnam Saigon



San Bay Tan Son Huat International Airport


Arrival Hall, going to collect luggages...


Night scene of Ho Chi Minh City, taken at the round about in front of the famous market called Ben Tanh Market


Ben Tanh Market... (Inside is like petaling street in Malaysia, LOL)


View of the lake taken from my hotel room.


View taken from my hotel room, able to see the entire Saigon.


Behind my hotel, taken from the cafe on the roof top of the hotel. These are shop houses.


Look like Petaling Street or Jalan Alor? Lol...


Chow Kit Road...??!


Yeah...this is where I stay...Elios Hotel located at Phan Ngu Lao road. Pham Ngu Lao is like our Bukit Bintang Street, a lot of tourists.


Local fast food... Shrimp Burger, fried chicken and soft drink. This set of meal costs me VND49,000, about RM9.80.


Chili Sauce and Tomato Sauce... look like McD's chili and tomota sauces in Thailand.


Shrimp Burger...seriously it's very nice!!!


Soft drink....It's Coke, haha...


Yeah...this is the local fast food restaurant, LOTTERIA!!!


Famous dessert in Saigon, coconut jelly....Fanstatics!!! I love it...


Hmmm~~~ Like eating the coconut, it called "Dua" in vietnames. VND 15,000 each, about RM3.


Look at my face, you will know how nice is it....One more, one more pls!!!


This is the place where I had the dessert - coconut "Dua".


Next meal eaten in a hawker stall located in China town. These are duck eggs, an appertiser before main course...haha. I didn't try it, but it looks good huh?!


Guess what is this!!!??? Pig's brain soup....Arrhhhggg!!! So geli, my Vietnamese friend order it. Gosh... Of course, I didn't try it...not dare to.


Yeah...I ordered prawn mee....but like our Wantan mee soup, not spicy at all and very small portion. Around RM8 per bowl, expensive ya. Haha...


This is the chinese restaurant in the center of city.


A lot of tourists and business ppl eat here, like singaporean, hong kong ppl, taiwanese and etc etc...


Scallops porridge...Around RM12 per bowl, super expensive. Chinese food in Saigon is very expensive, average RM10 per meal. Western food is even more expensive. Whereas Vietnamese is very cheap, range from RM1.8 to RM3 per meal.

Drink from famous "sweet soup" place located in China Town, district 5 in Saigon. This is the sweet sea coconut ice. In fact, got no sea coconuts inside but nata de coco....being cheated!!! >:/


RM1.20 for this "fake" sweet sea coconut ice...LOL

No comments: